Last week was #DBLOGWeek which stands for Diabetes Blog Week. This was the 8th annual DBlogWeek which was started by Karen Graffeo. During DBLOGWeek, a set of prompts are created for Monday-Friday and everybody who participates writes about the same subject. Each day, their blog posts are collected onto a page where you can easily click and read everyone’s post.
We decided to share with you a couple of our favorites from each day’s prompts. We obviously can’t add all of them here, but you can read every post by checking out the DBLOGWeek Participant List.
Diabetes and the Unexpected
- In his post, Rick Phillips from RADiabetes talks about all of the amazing connections he has made within the diabetes community.
- Kelly Kunik from Diabetesaliciousness talks about how diabetes has made her think about things like MacGyver
The Cost of a Chronic Illness
- Meri from Our Diabetic Life writes what might be the best of all of DBLOGWeek about the costs of diabetes and her 3 children.
- Mindy from There’s More to the Story writes about what some of the factors are that determined your cost of living with diabetes.
The Blame Game
- Mike from My Diabetic Heart writes about what he calls “Type Screwed”
- Jane Dickinson talks about specific language that is used that creates a tone of blaming.
Throwback Thursday: What Brings Me Down
- Dana from Short and Sweet talks about how her emotions have changed since she was diagnosed at age 3.
- Mike from Everyday Ups and Downs writes about “it’s OK not to be OK”
More Than Diabetes
- Stephen from Happy-Medium lists out his favorite music.
- Kerri from Six Until Me talks about some of her favorite things, such as lists and her love/hate relationship with group texts.